Family Law AssociationThe Law Society of Scotland
Glasgow 0141 375 1222

Personal Injury Claim Without Having Visited a Hospital/Doctor/GP

In order for the expert personal injury solicitors at Jones Whyte Law to best help you in a claim to recover the compensation you deserve for injuries you have suffered in an accident that was not your fault, it is always best to visit a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident. This will help strengthen your claim for compensation, as the medical professional who deals with you, will enter notes on your injury in your medical records.

Of course, where the injury was serious, you will usually have done this for your own wellbeing anyway. However, there are some cases where it might not have been possible to visit a medical professional, or where you did not believe it was necessary. Whatever your situation, contact the experienced solicitors at Jones Whyte today so that we can recommend the best course of action.

Is it Too Late to Visit a Medical Professional?

If you are considering pursuing a personal injury claim and you are worried because you have not been able to see a doctor – do not worry, we can still help. If your symptoms are ongoing, then you can still visit your GP and get your injuries noted in your medical records. You will also need to tell your GP about the cause of your injury so they can record this too.

If your injuries have cleared up, you should still see your GP because there may be underlying, “invisible” effects that they will be able to assess and record.

Claiming With no Medical Treatment

For obvious reasons, it is always easier for the expert solicitors at Jones Whyte to help you in your claim where you have medical records and, therefore, we are able to provide strong evidence on the severity and impact of your injury. However, where your injuries are not in your medical records, there may be other evidence that can be used to support your compensation claim. Where you properly reported your injury at the time of the accident, for instance, in a road traffic accident to a car insurance provider or in an accident at work in your employer’s accident book, this information will be key. Where you had to take some time off work, this should be recorded by your employer. As well, we can collect witness statements from people who were there at the time.

As you can see, it is certainly not impossible to bring a claim following an accident without having visited your GP or a hospital. With the expert advice and representation of personal injury specialists you will have the best chance of securing the compensation you deserve.

Contact our Personal Injury Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland

The personal injury lawyers at Jones Whyte are highly skilled and experienced in dealing with personal injury claims, and we are dedicated to getting you the compensation you ought to be awarded. No matter the injury, where or how it occurred, you can rely on our knowledge and experience to give you the best chance of achieving the right outcome. Contact us to discuss your options and find out what we can do to help. Call us on 01413751222 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Take the First Step Now: Get Legal Advice

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input