Family Law AssociationThe Law Society of Scotland
Glasgow 01413751222
Edinburgh 0131 278 3423

Fatal Injuries Overseas

We look forward to holidays throughout the working year. They are a chance to escape and find some rest and relaxation. The last thing we expect, and certainly the last thing we would ever foresee, would be that we might lose a loved one while we are abroad. Such a devastating event occurring during what is supposed to be a happy time where happy memories are made, is awful. During such a time of grief, a legal claim must be the last thing on your mind. However, where the accident was someone else’s fault and the fatality is causing you huge financial insecurity, then you are entitled and should claim compensation. The specialist solicitors at Jones Whyte are here to help, so contact us today.

Who can Claim for Compensation for a Fatal Injury Overseas?

Losing a loved one can throw your world into turmoil. Not only because of the emotional and mental fallout, but so too because of the loss of someone who was the main provider can leave you worried about how you will cope financially. As such, there are three main types of compensation that the solicitors at Jones Whyte can claim on your behalf:

  • Bereavement damages, which attempts to compensate you for your grief.
  • Dependency damages, which are capable of being claimed where you relied on the deceased for financial assistance.
  • Funeral expenses, which compensates you for the cost of a funeral.

Where your loved one was injured while you were on a package holiday, then a claim is capable of being made under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992. If it was not a package holiday then the position is slightly more complicated. However, the solicitors at Jones Whyte are experienced in jurisdictional and choice of forum issues.

You are entitled to claim if:

  • you are the deceased’s husband, wife or civil partner;
  • you are a cohabiting partner;
  • you are a parent or an ascendant;
  • you are a child or other descendant; or
  • you are a brother, sister, aunt or uncle.

It is always important to bear in mind that the time limit for bringing a claim of this nature is three years. While we understand that you will require time to mourn your loss, you should try to get in contact with us as soon as possible. 

Contact our Fatal Injuries Overseas Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland

At Jones Whyte, we try and take all possible steps to come to terms with the gravity of your loss, and to understand how you are affected and what you are going through. We try to be sensitive and empathetic in pursuing your claim so that we can obtain the compensation you deserve in the most appropriate, non-intrusive way possible.

Our dedicated team understand that it is necessary to create a bespoke solution for you and your legal issues. We tailor our approach to your particular requirements so that we do all we can to make sure that you are nothing less than satisfied. Our head office is in Glasgow and our door is always open. Contact us today on 01413751222 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Take the First Step Now: Get Legal Advice

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input