Family Law AssociationThe Law Society of Scotland
Glasgow 0141 375 1222

Accidents in Public and Other Places

The solicitors at Jones Whyte Law are experts in personal injury claims. Where you have been injured as a result of an accident in a public place, it might be due to the negligence of the local authority or owner responsible for the maintenance of the area. For instance, if you are injured in a car park because you tripped on a loose paving slab or a pothole, you might be able to claim against the car park owner – whether that is a private business or the council. Or, if you are injured at work because your employer has failed to comply with its health and safety obligations, you may also be due compensation.

If you have been hurt in a public place in the last three years, no matter where the accident occurred or how minor you consider the injury, contact the experienced solicitors at Jones Whyte today to find out what to do next.

Types of Claims for Accidents in Public and Other Places

At Jones Whyte, we regularly assist with claims involving all types of accidents that occur in public places, including:

  • Road traffic accidents;
  • Slips, trips and falls;
  • Crushing injuries;
  • Lifting injuries;
  • Injuries at work;
  • Accidents at other people's work premises
  • Accidents in car parks
  • Accidents in hotels, bars and pubs
  • Accidents at Leisure Attractions

What You Need To Do

Where you have been injured in an accident, there are a number of things you should do at the time if possible:

  • Report the accident to the person responsible, whether that is the other party in a road traffic accident, your employer or the company/local authority responsible for maintaining the public place.
  • Seek medical attention for your injury from your GP.
  • Take pictures of your injury and of the scene of the incident.
  • Speak to witnesses, and gather their contact details.

Compensation Claims for Accidents in Public Places in Scotland

If after examining the evidence in your case, we believe there is a claim to be brought, we will present it to the relevant insurers and invite them to settle the matter out of court. The other party may admit responsibility, and in this case, they will probably come back with a settlement offer. If the settlement offer is fair, your claim will settle, if not, we will use our expert negotiation skills to help you get the best possible offer. Where negotiations fail, we may advise that you take legal action in court.

There are no set amounts of compensation for different injuries; the award is based on the individual circumstances. At Jones Whyte, we pride ourselves on being able to claim the highest amount of compensation possible for our clients. We will ensure your award takes account of your:

  • physical and emotional suffering;
  • medical costs;
  • loss of earnings; and
  • loss of amenity.

Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Glasgow, Scotland

If you have sustained an injury in a public place, we understand that you may be feeling upset, angry and confused. The lawyers at Jones Whyte are here to give you the right support and advice. We help our clients get access to the care they need, and to claim the compensation they deserve. Contact us to discuss your options and find out what we can do to help. Our head office is in Glasgow, call 0141 375 1222 today or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Take the First Step Now: Get Legal Advice

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Where did you hear about us?
Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input