Family Law AssociationThe Law Society of Scotland
Glasgow 0141 375 1222

Accidents in Hotels, Bars and Pubs - Expert Legal Advice

Nights out, family meals, weekends away or just a drink on the way home from work; hotels, pubs and bars are places we go to relax, have fun and let someone else take care of the hard work for us. Whether it is your local or a luxury hotel, these environments can often cause accidents to happen, for example because of food or drink spillages, poorly maintained floors or stairs and ineffective lighting. If you have injured yourself in an accident that was not your fault while you were in a hotel, bar or pub, and you think it was due to the negligence of the landlord or the company that owns the building, then contact the expert solicitors at Jones Whyte Law today for advice on what to do next.

Company and Occupier Negligence Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland

Under Scots law, it is up to the occupier of the pub, bar, club or hotel to make sure everyone inside stays safe. That is, the person with responsibility for running the place. This means they need to ensure the following health and safety standards are maintained, such as:

  • no exposed electrics;
  • appropriate signage around wet and slippery areas;
  • low ceiling warnings; and
  • no loose nails or other hazards.

If the occupier or company responsible for the area fails to take appropriate measures to ensure the place is safe, and you injure yourself because of a hazard, then you might be able to claim compensation for those injuries.

Bringing an Accident Claim

In most cases, you have three years from the date of your accident to claim compensation. The dedicated solicitors at Jones Whyte will assess your hospital and medical records to get an idea of your injuries, arrange witness statements, gather information about the events and collect the insurance details of the person you intend to claim against. Once we have collected all the necessary evidence, we will value your claim, based on your:

  • pain and suffering;
  • medical expenses;
  • loss of earnings; and
  • any other expenses arising from the injury.

We will communicate and negotiate with the insurance company of the person or organisation you hold responsible, and aim to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.

Contact our Personal Injury Solicitors in Glasgow, Scotland Today

If you have had a night out or a weekend away ruined because of an accident in which you were injured, then contact the personal injury solicitors at Jones Whyte for advice and support. Our team’s extensive experience of occupier’s and company’s liability, and personal injury claims places us in the best position to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. You can discuss the events that occurred with our solicitors, and receive initial advice. Once you instruct us, you can be assured that you will have a top quality legal team on your side.

At Jones Whyte, our solicitors pride themselves on their pragmatic, forward-thinking approach to legal issues and our clients’ concerns. Our head office is in Glasgow, and we serve clients throughout Scotland, including in Stirling, Falkirk, Argyll, the Borders, Fife and Edinburgh. For expert and cost-effective legal solutions, call our 01413751222 today, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Take the First Step Now: Get Legal Advice

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Where did you hear about us?
Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input