Family Law AssociationThe Law Society of Scotland
Glasgow 0141 375 1222

Immigration Solicitors Glasgow

At Jones Whyte Law, we have years of experience and success dealing with immigration law cases. Our team have dealt with a multitude of immigration cases for many different nationalities and we firmly believe we are most experienced immigration firm in Glasgow.

Our local immigration solicitors regularly deal with the UK border agency and the home office meaning we are the perfect law firm to handle your application. No matter what you are applying for whether it be a sponsor license or applying for UK entry we have the right immigration solicitors to help you.

It is no secret that UK immigration law can be very complicated. However, our experienced solicitors are here to guide you every step of the way. Our team will help you collect all the relevant paperwork, make sure you understand exactly what is needed and then we anticipate any potential problems before they happen.  

Our Glasgow Immigration Services

  • A visitor visa is required for any person who is visiting the UK, usually for travel or work purposes. Visitors need to successfully complete the visitor visa application. Our team of Scottish immigration lawyers are here to help you complete the process for you and help you achieve a successful application.


  • Spouse Visa, our skilled immigration lawyers can help you get a “spouse visa” allowing you to join your partner in the UK.


  • Tier 1 Entrepreneur- To start a business in the UK you need to follow the correct migration procedures. Our immigration solicitors can help you present a solid case to the authorities and make sure there is no delays with your application. A Tier 1 Entrepreneur allows you to set up a new business or take control of a current business.


  • Naturalisation application- To gain British Citizenship you may need to go through the naturalisation process. Our immigration lawyers can help you apply successfully and gain full working rights in Scotland.

Experienced Immigration Solicitors Glasgow

At Jones Whyte Law we take our quality of service very seriously. You will be given a personal immigration lawyer for your case and we will even organize an interpreter if you need one. Finally, we always make sure we research and conduct the strongest case possible for all our clients.

Our team cover a wide range of immigration law services including

  • business immigration
  • personal immigration
  • Brexit Migration

If you are interested in any of our immigration law services then please do not hesitate to give us a call today.

Immigration FAQ

 1) What documents do I need to apply for a visit visa?

A typical visitor visa can last for up to six months and will require the applicant to prove that they have sufficient ties in their home country to ensure they will return at the end of their visit. You will also require to prove that either you, or your sponsor, has the ability to fully support you whilst in the UK as you typically will not be permitted to work. There are also options for longer term multiple entry visit visas which may be more suitable dependent on your circumstances.

2) How do I apply for my spouse or partner to live in the UK?

To sponsor your partner to reside with you in the UK, you will have to prove your relationship is genuine and that you have an annual income of at least £18,600.00. You may also be able to make this application if you are on Disability Living Allowance.

3) When can I apply for British Citizenship?

If you have held indefinite leave to remain for one year, you may be able to apply for British Citizenship. You must have been legally residing in the UK for at least three years prior to submitting the application.

4) What are the requirements of applying for British Citizenship?

To apply for British Citizenship you must hold a valid Life in the UK pass certificate and in some cases, must also pass an English language test. If you are seeking to apply for British Citizenship, you must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days.

5) When can I apply for indefinite leave to remain?

There are several ways to apply for indefinite leave to remain, or settlement, in the UK. If you are a refugee, on the five-year or ten-year route, you can apply when your current leave is due to expire. You can also apply for settlement on the basis of ten years continuous legal residence in the UK. 

6) What are the requirements of applying for indefinite leave to remain?

To apply for indefinite leave to remain, or settlement, you have to show your continued residency in the UK throughout the qualifying period. You may also need to pass an English language test.

Contact Our Glasgow Based Immigration Team


Take the First Step Now: Get Legal Advice

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Where did you hear about us?
Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input